The younger the better... Saving that is...

I was reminded today how incredibly blessed I am to have a financial nest egg that has grown heathily.

As you may have seen in my other post, I started investing at 12 years old. I had an investment account at a younger age that my parents contributed and invested on my behalf. That was combined with my small monthly contributions and the total was invested. I am so blessed because this has provided me with safety and comfort in many life situations.

An emergency fund is so key when you first start to plan your finances.  Do you have one? Is it sufficient? Is it liquid? (meaning, can you access it easily?)

I cannot stress the importance of this!  Having this as your support can lift much stress off your life and give you the kick start you might otherwise not have.

Setting up your children financially is incredibly important. It is true, kids learn from our parents (money management, healthy eating, exercise habits, etc).  If your parents were good with their money...there is a good chance you will be also.

If you want to give your child something to have for the rest of their lives that they will be thankful for...in my opinion it is to have a smart money mindset. You can start this by saving for them at a YOUNG age and making them continue on as they grow older.

The younger the better... Saving that is...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...