I am grateful for kindness today!

Today I went to a networking meeting after work. I had a long day, the sun was out, and my brain was not "on"... throughout the entire meeting I felt a little "off", and I didn't feel like I could eloquently explain myself like I usually do. At the end of the meeting our leader, Marishu, came up to me for a hug. I mentioned I wasn't feeling great and she said, "that's ok."

I can't explain exactly what a great feeling it was to hear that. I found myself saying to myself, yes that is OK. I am right where I am supposed to be. I often find these small moments some of the most profound learning experiences. Today I am grateful for kindness...these small gestures and words made me feel so much better and it surely has carried on for the rest of my night.

Here's a quote courtesy of one of my favourite websites - gratefulness.org

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...