Needs vs. wants... a simple question can make a difference!

Since I've started my investment business (2008) I feel that I've had amazing opportunities to get into the market at favourable times... I get so excited when I think about putting my money into the market for future gains, and LOVE to watch those dividends trickle in. It's not hard for me to save my money because I want to see it grow all the time. With yesterday's volatility in the markets I found myself wishing I had saved more so I could invest more!

Being in the investment industry I feel it is not a bad habit to have. I cannot talk the talk and not walk the walk. I'm lucky I learned this discipline so young and in turn, I'm honestly enthusiastic about investing.

Young people are bombarded with plenty of opportunities to spend money... toys, trips, entertainment, fashion, and the latest gadgets always seems to find their way to my brain. The new iPad is coming out, or I would love to go see the latest band in town. For some reason it all comes so fast and you want it all. Without realizing it, you just buy things on a whim not realizing your struggling. You might justifying it for one reason or another. I realized one day when I was at the Calgary Mall (Chinook Centre) there is a simple question you can ask yourself...

Are these needs or wants?

If you struggle with saving your money and tend to spend more than you make... ask yourself this question before you buy something. If it is a want... well what do you want... truly... safety/security/confidence/passion/love...when you ask yourself this you might be surprised the answer and find that it isn't in these "things" at all...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...