Muddy Roots Yoga, Surrey BC

Today, I have to brag...


Friday night I had a flow vinyasa class at Muddy Roots with live music by Alex Hanna (my other sister) who's band is called Lessons


This was probably the COOLEST yoga class I've been to in a long time. The class was by donation with all of the proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Society. The theme was also about people whose lives have been affected by cancer...which these days seems to be everyone. 


The whole weekend was dedicated to a personal story, of a friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She had children, the youngest being 6 months old. She went to the doctor originally for stomach pain, and after many tests, found out the horrible news. I cannot begin to imagine the sorrow that family is in. Not only was this yoga class great exercise, but collectively, we all put our energy to those who suffer from this terrible disease. 


Now for those of you who don't know a thing about Muddy Roots Yoga Studio... it is on Hazelemere Organic Farms. As you approach the gravel driveway, you'll see a large red barn (with lots of yummy organic food inside). 



As you drive past...you'll begin to see the second building on the right hand side... the studio! 


For the evening classes you will often find the place light up with soft lighting and candles...perfect for relaxation. 


As you step inside, you'll find a peaceful space, with Halfmoon yoga props everywhere, and big open windows to view the farm. There is no traffic, (no noise), which makes that time you spend on your yoga mat incredibly rejuvenating. 
I tend to follow my sister wherever she teaches and Muddy Roots is by far one of my favorite places to practice. YES, it can be a little bit of an extra drive (from South Surrey), but once I get there I remember how much I heart yoga! Especially at Muddy Roots...


Come by for a class and check out the space. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...