Fashion... are you a spender or a thrifty shopper?

My girlfriend started this great fashion blog Vanilla & Lace  - she regularly posts great fashion finds and current trends. The plus side is I love to read what's new and cool and on the down side it continues to spark my shopping interest.

Usually, I save up for certain times of the year, like Christmas, when I go to Palm Desert (Southern California) for the holidays and do a big shop. I always find good quality items at a great price! Many of our family friends hear the word Cabazon, and know exactly what I am talking about. 

With the onslaught of new chic stores that are reasonably priced, like Joe Fresh, H&M, Zara, Forever 21, and many more - it has become really easy for the average "Joe" to be a fashionista.  I have a few questions...  Do you find yourself buying these items because they are affordable? Or do you prefer to spend more and buy good quality fashion items?  

I know for me, especially for work, I prefer to pay a little extra for something that is good quality and will last a long time. Although, I cannot physically spend that much, because I will experience buyers remorse. 

Buyers remorse - what is that? - it is the feeling of regret or guilt after purchasing something. I often feel guilty because I don't always think it is the "right" thing to do, or I don't feel like I deserved buying myself that article of clothing. I often feel that I should be putting that money into my investments and savings! 

Weird, eh?!! Does anyone ever feel like this too - buyers remorse? 

I know I have a great savings plan, so to get around this I "time" when I can go shopping. I will go to celebrate when I've had a great week at work and can honestly say that I deserve the treat (and can afford it to) you have to be realistic! 

What are some of the ways you deal with buyers remorse? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...