A quick and easy snack using Eggplant! Baba Ganoush

If you are anything like me...snacking is an art! When I am home from soccer or back from work, the first thing I want to do is blog and snack! 

At the veggie store every week (Bread Box) I try to eat different veggies and make new dishes. This week it was eggplant. Not in the mood for a stirfry, I opted for a great snack dish... Baba Ganouj (or Ganoush).


It is incredibly simple, it just takes a bit of prep time! 

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Start off with a beautiful medium egg plant. Poke holes all around the eggplant and stick in the oven for 35 mins. 
Take out of oven and let cool down. Cut into small pieces. You can leave skin on or off...I leave the skin on. 
Put in your blender or food processor with 2 big tablespoons of plain greek yogurt. If you have dairy allergies you can substitute this for coconut yogurt, soy yogurt, or skip this part!  
Next add in your garlic (2 cloves mashed or chopped finely). 
Add tahini (sesame paste) with salt and pepper. 
Now add 1 full juice of the lemon or 1/2 cup of lemon juice and a big tablespoon of olive oil. 

Blend this up and make sure it turns into a nice paste. I had to add a little water to get my to be the consistency I wanted.  

Cut up some fresh veggies or opt for some gluten free chips. I am eating Sweet Potato chips and carrots as my snack. 

I love to keep my snacks in a to go container...that way if I am ever really busy and need something on the go I can grab some veggies and dip and have a great filling snack! 

If you are sick of hummus, try it! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...