The Easiest Dinner Salad!


















I am a busy lady... so when I get home from work I like to make something really easy, no thinking needed. I also like it to be healthy and filling. So here is my take on the easiest dinner salad ever! It's even vegetarian too.

You'll need a rice cooker, sprouted beans (dry) and lots of veggies.

Put quinoa and dry sprouted beans in your rice cooker and fill 2 to 3 times the amount you put in with vegetable broth. Cook until done. Once done let sit and cool.


In the meantime cut up your veggies **- we used:
- tomatoes
- bell peppers
- broccoli
- carrots
- celery
- cucumbers
- avocado

** the options are endless - you can use whatever vegetables you feel like and are in the mood for - or are in your fridge.

Place your veggies in a large salad bowl.

Goat cheese or feta cheese is a great addition or sliced almonds/cashews also fit nicely at this point.

My favourite salad dressing is similar to one my mom taught me years ago! Make in a small mason jar and keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar ( I use the good stuff from the Okanagan) **
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- sugar or agave nectar (optional)
- dry mustard (1 tsp) or Dijon in a jar (1 tablespoon)

Shake well and give a little taste to see what is missing. Jamie Oliver says that it tastes better to have your dressings more acidic...so add a little more apple cider vinegar if you would like.

** you can substitute balsamic vinegar if you don't have apple cider vinegar on hand.

Now mix the quinoa and sprouted beans in with your veggies, nuts and or cheese. Add the dressing and mix well. Serve and enjoy.

In the winter I love to eat this with the quinoa still warm... in the summer I prefer the quinoa cooled or refrigerated... they are both great.

This makes GREAT leftovers for lunch the next day - the longer the dressing sits the better it gets.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...