Book Love

I love to read! It has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. I would ask my mom to read me the same book over and over until I could recite it back to her. That's reading right? :) I find I read so much at work on personal finance and market related things that when I come home it's my time to indulge in books that I love.

Here are some of my favourite reads right now.

The Paris Wife - For me this was a fun way to go back in time and read about the life of some major authors and literary geniuses of our time. To get a feel for what life was like and the perspective of other people, especially Ernest Hemingway's first wife. 



Unbroken:  A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand 

Having previously written a post on how AWESOME this book is... I had to put it in again. Hillenbrand really brought to life the unique traits of the main character in this story and his incredible journey. If you like autobiographies, if you like inspirational stories of courage...this is a must read! I could hardly believe the story, but yet didn't want it to end. 5 stars!



Source: google.com via Ashley on Pinterest


I wouldn't be right if I didn't include the Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins. I read the first book, Hunger Games, when it came out in the late part of 2008. My sister and I poured over how much we loved it and had to wait until the next book was on the shelf. We devoured each one! If you haven't had a chance to read this yet you are in for a treat. All ages like this book as many of the Mom's in my office have also raved about it! If you plan to see the movie I would highly recommend reading the book first.



Now speaking of books I've found a great online platform for book lovers called Good Reads - www.goodreads.com where you can log in, create a profile, list ALL the books you've ever read and rate them out of 1-5 stars. Funny enough - this is where I found the recommendation to read Hunger Games. If you like books and want to connect with me on good reads - send me a friend request here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...