I'm addicted to dehydrating...

The dehydrator was a gift to my boyfriend. How did he know I would love it so much! Kale chips, banana chips, apple chips, pear chips, raisins, and even raw macaroons, I can't stop making things and sticking them in the dehydrator.

The original purpose of a dehydrator was to preserve your food after a harvest. In my opinion it just makes things tasty. It is far superior to the dried fruit you would find at the super market and if you dehydrate at a lower temperature you can keep your fruits and veggies raw (for full nutrients). Always use fresh ripe ingredients for the best tasting results.

Here's my latest recipe for Kale Chips: 
1 large head of kale
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of sesame seeds (I like the crunch)
1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar (non pasteurized /organic is preferred)
1 tablespoon of cumin, and tumeric
1 shake of ginger powder - or fresh grated ginger
1 shake (or 2) of cayenne pepper for a little dash of heat
1 tsp of sea salt - the good stuff

Now stick in your dehydrator for at least 10 hours on low - or until the kale chips are crunchy to taste... the fun part is to taste test a long the way :)

Happy Dehydrating!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...