Nancy's Famous 7 Layer Taco Dip... it is famous... or at least in our family it is.
So simple and quick! The beautiful part is that you can put whatever you want in it or mix up the layers - it's all good...really!
1st layer- meat/beans
- Mash up your cooked beans (black beans) or cook your meat (organic ground turkey or beef) - you can add taco seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, onions, any of your favourite herbs and spices here.
2nd layer - refried beans
- Spread as a layer over top of the meat or mix in with the meat so that the meat will stay as a dip and won't crumble off your chip ( I prefer the second method).
3rd layer - salsa
- Add your favourite salsa and spread over top of the refried beans
4th layer - guacamole!
- Mix up 1 or 2 avocado's depending on how many people are eating this - mix together well with a fork and spread over top of the salsa...
5th layer - greek yogurt or sour cream
- I even use goat yogurt it is all good...you can't go wrong. Mix a little taco seasoning in with your yogurt for a full flavour!
6th layer - sprinkle your favourite cheese
- I used cheddar but can use whatever you prefer
7th layer - toppings
- olives, jalapenos, diced tomatoes...whatever you are in the mood for put it on.
Now put in the oven for 15 mins (or until bubbling) at 350 degrees. Take out and enjoy with your best tortilla chips.