Stomach Flu? Some tips and tricks to help you feel better soon!

How does anyone get sick when the weather starts to turn nice... I don't know! It's not right is it. Well I caught the stomach flu and to my lucky stars, I am so thankful I did not get it as bad as my sis who had it much worse (see her post here). Here are some things that have really helped me:

My LIFE SAVERS:

1. Kombucha (Kom-BOO-cha) 
From http://moreintelligentlife.com/files/Kombucha_Mike_Gartenjpg.jpg
 Yes a drink can actually be a life saver when fluids are rapidly escaping your body. Kombucha is a delicious drink that is filled with all good things. Tea, water, and probiotics (over 1 billion of those healthy little guys) and only 2 grams of sugar.  It is naturally effervescent and helps settle stomach issues like nausea or other bowel things that I would prefer the blog sphere not to know about. Check out their products and nutritional information here

2. Sleep!

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book."
    -Irish Proverb

I can't agree more. Sleep and Glee just might happen to cure a few more than stomach aches. If you're feeling under the weather, take the day off and rest. Sleep until you can't sleep no more.


3. Nourish your body
Often food is the LAST thing on your mind when you are sick. I felt this over the past week more than I could have imagined. However, as my lovely bf reminded me...how can you body fight any virus if doesn't have anything in it? 

How did I accomplish this? Smoothie 

1 banana
1 cup almond milk
1 scoop of healthy raw mix
1/3 cup of frozen fruit - berries
1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder

SLOWLY drink and keep cold. If you cannot finish it put it aside in the fridge until you feel better...and can try it again.

What are you favourite remedies? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...