The Language of Flowers

Recently I read the book The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh to which I really enjoyed! One of the things that I loved most was the explanation of the underlying language behind flowers.  The gift of flowers was once used as a way to share feelings and emotions. In the book there is a dictionary for the different flowers and their meanings. There are many different explanations (some that vary) however I found that the author did a great job in researching her material. I will share with you a few so you can see for yourself!

Passionflower - Passiflora -- meaning is faith

Source: pbase.com via Andrea on Pinterest

For when you're in trouble! Purple Hyacinth - Hyacinthus Orientalis - please forgive me




Freesia - lasting friendship




I think we all know this one!
A Rose that is Red means - love


Source: foundshit.com via Care on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...