I scream for Ice Cream...

Don't we all scream for ice cream? Probably... unless you have a dairy allergy and then what do you eat instead?

Coconut milk ice cream has come to be my favourite... possibly of all time. It still has that same thick and creamy taste with no bloating or any other not so fun side effects you may experience.

Coconut milk ice cream also has to be one of the easiest... buy a can of full fat coconut milk... add your favourite ingredient (cocoa powder, blended up fresh strawberries (or any other fruit), or add your vanilla extract and keep it simple.

Here's how I make mine...

1 can of coconut milk
1 cup of almond milk or 1 cup of cashew cream (any other milk I like to add to give some variety - but the thickness of cashew cream is the best!)
1/3 cup of maple syrup, agave or cane sugar 
2 to 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder

Mix together in a blender

Add to your ice cream maker (I use Cuisinart) if you don't have one of these invest in some decent popsicle molds and it doesn't even matter... pour into molds or into ice cream maker and start the process. Within 20 to 30 mins they should be complete!

JUST before the process is done...more than 1/2 way through I like to add chunks of dark chocolate to my ice cream. Hits the spot.

Scoop into a dish and pour a little Baileys or Kaluha over top and enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...